After the great results in my window tiles project I thought maybe I can do wooden tiles. So I started the design process. I wanted to have the minimum amount of sculptures and at the same time avoid repetion.
To maintain compatiblity with my existing Dwarven Forge collection I opted for the standard two inch by two inch footprint.
Here you can see my results.
I finally came up with only three pieces to cast. The floor tile, a wall section, and a corner post. The core of the system really is the wall section. To avoid repetion, I decided to make different designs on each of the two faces. This instantly gave me two different variations of the wall. Additionally I came up with an asymmetric design for one of the sides. This allows me to rotate the wall up side down, providing an additional option.